Financial Crime Digest August 2023
This issue includes:
- Ukraine uncovers UAH62.5m embezzlement scheme involving high-ranking officials
- Special feature: Violation of duty: When corrupt officials open the door for human traffickers
- Special feature: Why is the global art market a financial crime prime target?
- Special feature: Russia-Africa relations and the green transition
- Q&A with Tristram Hicks: Tipping off issue could be “existential” for SAR regime
- Country Update: Francophone Africa coups: a rejection of French influence or a response to failing civilian regimes?
- Country Update: Gabon coup – beware generalisations
- Country Update: Romania takes new steps towards OECD accession
- Environmental, Social and Governance updates for August